Chopstix Noodle Bar are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (the Data Protection Legislation), the data controller is Chopstix Noodle Bar.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.chopstixgroup.com (“our site”), using our WiFi Service in our restaurants, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, use our restaurant WiFi Service, search for a restaurant, book a table on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey subscribe to newsletters and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, and demographic information (such as preferences and interests)
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site or use of our WiFi Service the following information will be automatically collected:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system (including device) and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, timestamp marking at restaurant, download errors, customer session duration, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide (including the WiFi Service in our restaurants). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers).
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and WiFi Service;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to manage your restaurant bookings;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about products or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer we will contact you by email only if you have consented to this;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and WiFi Service and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site and WiFi Service to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about products or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
Where we store your personal data
Countries in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) are required to have a similar standard of protection of personal data but this is not always the case in countries outside of the EEA. We do sometimes transfer data outside the EEA but before doing so take steps to ensure that your data will be given adequate protection as required by the Data Protection Legislation.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies (e.g. traffic log cookies). They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We also use software called Google Analytics which is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. in order to understand how visitors to our website use the site. The Google Analytics cookies remember you from one page request to the next, for example to differentiate between ‘new’ and ‘returning’ visitors. We receive reports from Google Inc. about website usage (such as the number of visitors to our site or the number of unique page views). You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com .
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
Your rights in relation to your information Data protection law provides you with numerous rights, including the right to: access, rectify, erase, restrict, transport, and object to the processing of, your personal information.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority if you believe that your personal information is not being processed in accordance with applicable data protection law.
We will require proof of your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
Your rights are as follows:
Right to make a subject access request (“sar”). You may request copies of your personal information. If you would like to make a sar, i.e. a request for copies of the personal information we hold about you, you may do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We should be grateful if you would also provide brief details of the information of which you would like a (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
Right to rectification. You may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal information. You may do so by emailing us at email@example.com. We should be grateful if you would also provide brief details of the information of which you would like to be corrected (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
Right to withdraw consent. You may, as permitted by applicable law, withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time. Such withdrawal will
not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit certain service features for which the processing of your personal information is essential. You can withdraw consent by unsubscribing from email communication via the appropriate link, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to object to processing, including automated processing and profiling. You may, as permitted by applicable law, request that we stop processing your personal information in relation to automated processing and profiling, you may object to the processing and you will have the right to obtain human intervention. You may do so by emailing us at email@example.com
Right to erasure. You may request that we erase your personal information and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so. For example, there may be an overriding legitimate ground for keeping your personal information, such as, a legal obligation that we have to comply with, or if retention is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
You may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. We suggest that you contact us by emailing email@example.com about any questions or if you have a complaint in relation to how we process your personal information. However, you do have the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority directly. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ico so please contact us in the first instance.